Saturday, June 18, 2011

Node and kstat goodness

Now I've got got node.js built on Solaris (see blog entry 1 and blog entry 2) I've been playing with using it as a server.

So the next thing I did was to augment node-kstat from Bryan Cantrill's original. There's the odd minor fix, I've essentially completed the list of kstats supported (including most of the raw kstats), and added methods that give the support needed by JKstat, and there's an example jkstat.js script that can run as a server under node that the JKstat client can connect to.

A collection of my Node stuff is available here, including a Solaris 10 package for those of you unable to build it yourselves.

Of course, in order to use the node-kstat server I've had to add RESTful http client support to JKstat, which has now been updated with the 0.51 release.

JKstat also loses the JavaFX demos. It doesn't appear to me that JavaFX is going to be terribly interesting for a while. The 2.0 beta isn't available for Solaris at all (1.x wasn't available for SPARC anyway), and appears to be essentially incompatible anyway.

No comments: